The Specialists of BC works for you by:
- Representing specialist physicians and surgeons on important committees within Doctors of BC and with government
- Creating awareness of the value medical, surgical and diagnostic specialties provide
- Acting as a collective voice for specialists
By joining Specialists of BC, you will:
- Strengthen our advocacy efforts for fair compensation for specialists
- Get help navigating the non-clinical aspects of practising as a specialist
- Learn about opportunities within the medicopolitical world
- Inform the future direction of healthcare, with specialists as active participants
Council of Specialists
The Council of Specialists is made up of 32 specialty groups of physicians and surgeons. The Council meets quarterly to address economic and political interests of specialists. As a member, you can get involved by representing your section at Council, or serving on a committee of the Specialists of BC or the Doctors of BC or government. We also hold an annual general meeting in conjunction with the April gathering.
Dr John Falconer is a neurologist in Kelowna, BC specializing in stroke. Dr Falconer has been the Neurology representative to the Council of Specialists in his role as section head for Neurology. He joined the Specialists of BC Executive in January of 2015 and became President in April that year, making him our longest serving President to date.
Dr Falconer knows that the best way for Specialists of BC to achieve its goals is to draw on the energy and talents of its membership. He’d love to hear from you — whether it’s a quick hello or a question, please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the Specialists of BC now
If you’re already a Doctors of BC member:
Tap the green Join now! box at right to get you to the Doctors of BC website. Once there enter your Doctors of BC ID number and password to login. Scroll down to Specialists of BC, hit the plus sign and check off the appropriate dues category, then tap the blue Join the Selected Sections and Societies box and hit Checkout to make a secure payment using your credit card. You’ll get a $100 discount automatically!
To join Doctors of BC, click here and select from the four applications forms in blue. Once you complete the form…
- Please send it to Doctors of BC by email, fax or mail as noted on the form
- After you’re signed up, you’ll be sent membership and payment details by Doctors of BC
- You will also be invited to log in to the Doctors of BC website, where you can pay your dues and choose to become a member of Specialists of BC
The Specialists of BC values the efforts of its specialty groups and affiliated societies. We encourage you to visit them online: