Consultant Specialists of BC: for you and your patients
- Consultant Specialists of BC strives to represent all BC Specialist physicians.
- We are an independent organization, separate from Doctors of BC (for all physicians), individual Specialty sections (tasked with Specialty-specific issues), and BC Family Doctors (the sister organization for our FD colleagues).
- We are the only organization positioned to advocate on broad issues affecting Specialty care in BC.
- We represent Specialist physicians and surgeons on Doctors of BC and government committees.
- Consultant Specialists of BC creates awareness of the value medical, surgical and diagnostic Specialists provide.
By joining Consultant Specialists of BC, you will:
- Ensure that Consultant Specialists of BC remains a viable organization to advocate on your behalf
- Strengthen our advocacy efforts for fair compensation and optimal practice environments
- Get help navigating the non-clinical aspects of practicing as a Specialist
- Learn about medicopolitical opportunities
- Inform the future direction of healthcare for your patients with Specialists as active participants
Council of Specialists
Council of Specialists is our Board of Directors, made up of 32 Specialty groups of physicians and surgeons. Council meets quarterly to address economic and political interests of Specialists. You can get involved by representing your section at Council, or serving on a committee of the Consultant Specialists of BC or the Doctors of BC or government. We also hold an annual general meeting in April for all members.
Dr Chris Hoag is a Urologist in North Vancouver with a fellowship and practice focus in advanced minimally invasive Urologic Surgery. Dr Hoag is the section head for Urology and was the Urology rep to Council from 2018 to 2020 when he joined the Consultant Specialists of BC Executive Committee as Vice-President, becoming President in April 2021.
Dr Hoag believes strongly that Specialists need the unifying voice and advocacy of Consultant Specialists of BC to represent the unique interests and challenges of Specialty practice to government, our partner organizations, patients and the general public. He encourages Specialists to click here to join, engage and participate in Consultant Specialists of BC and work collaboratively for the betterment of our profession and patient care. Whether it’s to say hello, get involved, or ask a question, please get in touch at [email protected] or click here to fill in our contact form.
Join the Consultant Specialists of BC now
Click here to login with your Doctors of BC ID number and password. Scroll down to Consultant Specialists of BC, hit the plus sign and check off the appropriate dues category, then tap Join the Selected Sections and Societies box and go to Checkout to make a secure credit card payment.
Consultant Specialists of BC values its Specialty groups and affiliated societies. We encourage you to visit them online: